Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format. There is no identifying information on the manuscript itself. Abstract with Key Words at the bottom is submitted separately in the Metadata file when requested.
- Where available, doi for references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Title information and abstract with key words are to be submitted seperately by typeing in or copy and paste into appropriate areas. Manuscript should not have identifying information for blind review. Manuscript may be uploaded in a word document.
- Disclose any potential conflict of interest which might have influenced the validity of the research. See Conflict of Interest policy in Author Guidelines.
ColumnsEditorial Board and by invitation.
Research articles concerning rural nursing and/or rural health-care are invited for review. At least one author on each manuscript must be a member of the Rural Nurse Organization (RNO). Theoretical and opinion articles are also invited for review.
Articles must adhere to APA Style current edition. Please pay particular attention to referencing using APA style. Footnotes and endnotes are not acceptable in this journal.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share (for non-commerical purposes) the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and the Rural Nurse Organization will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.